Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So what did you get for Christmas?

Well Christmas has been and gone for another year; so it is time to ask that most important question, “What did you get for Christmas?”
Me? I got a load of dirt! Sure I got the socks I desperately needed, the Book(s) by Michael Parkinson, that I said I wanted, and the Camera for my computer that I also desperately wanted. I even got a Callander with cute little doggies on it, and a couple of other things too. But it was the dirt that really excited me the most.
I had been actually wanting to go to my brothers for some time and get some, but had not yet gotten around to it as I only have a car and no trailer. Anyway although I had again mentioned I wanted some a week earlier, I was taken back by his phone call on the night of Boxing Day when he rang and said he would be a round the next day with his utility full of this composted soil, as a late Christmas present.
So not only did I get some dirt for Christmas, I got a whole lot of dirt too! So I am over the moon! (Even if I now have work out where to put it all. At the moment, most of it is still in my garage blocking the car from getting in.)
So while I can understand why a load of dirt might not be your idea of a perfect present, it was to me. So all this led me to thinking about other most unusual but most appreciated presents people may have received. Either this year or in years past? So over to you now for your response.

No comments: