Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Far Behind Are You?

I took this quote from an e-mail that my son sent me. I assume that it too is a calendar quote * from somewhere. I just don’t know where.
“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” – ‘Bill Watterson ‘.
So how are you travelling with the things that you have to do? Are you Like Bill Watterson, that far behind that you will never catch up? If so maybe you need to sit down and re-evaluate what you are trying to do, as opposed to what you should be doing? For example, how many things that you are now currently trying to do, that can be done by others, perhaps even as good as, if not better than you?
Or? How many of the things that you now deem vitally important and urgent, are really that important or urgent? And how many really important things are you putting off now, just to do the urgent, which often aren’t all that important anyway?
In other words, if you are beginning to feel a bit like Bill Watterson and will never be able to catch up, then now is the perfect time to just re-evaluate things and get your true priorities right. And get them right, right now!
* Just found out it is a Calvin & Hobbes Quote. ie. From its author Bill Watterson.

No comments: