Friday, January 30, 2009

Trying the wrong way?

Just tried to open a closed door. And no matter how much I tugged or pulled at it, or twisted the knob, it would not open. Then I pushed it and of course it opened, as I had been trying previously to open it the wrong way.
Apart from feeling a bit stupid. Well okay, a lot stupid, I couldn’t help but wonder how often we go through life doing things like that. You know putting a lot of time and effort into something and all to no avail, when if we were only to stop and think about it for a while and try something different, we would have more success and less mistakes. So today, stop and think about what you are trying to do and whether in fact that is the right approach or whether, like with my door, you have to just stop and try the opposite approach? Over to you now.

No comments: