Saturday, October 11, 2008

Are You Guilty Of Hypocrisy Too?

This is another inspired by the “For Better or For Worse” comic Strip by Lynn Johnston. This one has two mothers talking together, and one says to the other what a good husband the other has, to which the other replies, “I know. I just wish I could get him to do more of the chores.” To which the other lady asks, “Like what?” to hear, “I dunno … Dishes, laundry.” To which the fist lady replies, “ But you HATE the way he does dishes and Laundry.” To which the other replies, “Yeah – but I appreciate the gesture.” To which the first lady just stands there stunned.
I personally don’t find this particularly funny, because I have seen it happen in real life, more than once, where people complain about others never offering them help, and then been there when help was indeed offered, only to be refused. So the next time you complain that someone won’t help you, make sure that they really won’t help you, and that it is just not that you only want their help if it is done your own way, otherwise you too run the risk of looking like a hypocrite to your friends and/or workmates.

No comments: