Friday, April 11, 2008

Buying Gifts for friends.

In a response to my Blog on “Why Buy Expensive Toys”, where I mentioned that Little Ones often appreciated the simpler things over the more expensive and complicated ones, I received a comment about buying gifts in general for other people, not necessarily kids, where the point was made that we often buy things for others, and often quite expensive ones, that we would like for ourselves.

And I believe that in general this is quite true, but it can also be quite dangerous if our friends don’t happen to like what we like and this got me to wondering just how well we do know most of the people we buy gifts for. This is actually quite relevant for us at the moment as we have an engagement party coming up for a relative that we have only seen a couple of times in the past 20 years because of distance and other things.

So my query today is, just how well do we know our family and friends? Well enough to pick a present that they would genuinely love, or just well enough to buy them a present we would love? Over to you for comment here. Walter

No comments: