Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How To Encourage Others.

How do you encourage others? One can always tell people what to do and how to do something, can’t we? But how effective is this method anyway and is there a better way?
I personally have found the best encouragement has come from watching and learning from others, rather than just listening to their words. However the reality that is we usually need to have both methods really. We need both the spoken advice and the practical encouragement of others don’t we?
That is why I write these blogs. As I have been encouraged by others and my own experiences over the years, I have jotted these things down to encourage others on the basis of, “If I can do something, then so can just about everyone else too!”
Yes, we all need to be encouraged and nudged along from time to time and the best way, in my humble opinion, is from personal experience and that is why I am trying to encourage others, not by telling them what to do, but by showing how I have been encouraged by others and how they too can encourage others, not with fancy words, but with their own personal examples in life.
Sometimes we think that we are the only ones experiencing or going through a particular incident and think we have to learn it all from scratch, but there are plenty of others who have experienced near perfect copies of your experience that you can learn from and learn some short cuts and tips that will save you heaps in time, costs, effort and even pain. So never be ashamed to learn from others nor to share your experiences with others going through the same thing as you have. Over to you!

No comments: