Sunday, February 24, 2008

Super Nanny Jo Frost on the Parenting Industry.

Last blog from the article that I read in the paper the other day about an interview with Jo Frost. Among other topics, she was asked her personal opinion on various aspects of Child rearing, none of which interest me here, but I was interested in her opinion on the Parenting Industry in General, where she said, “ It’s a great thing. I’m one of many who give advice. It’s important that parents take those pieces that are relevant to them and use those rather than not use anything at all.”

Again what I consider great advice. And again what I would contend is also very relevant to life in general for all of us too. I would also argue quite strongly that this also applies particularly to what I write. It is not my intention to set myself up as the “font of all wisdom”, nor do I expect you to follow everything I suggest. All I expect, maybe hope, for would be better, is that you will consider what I say and consider what if anything I have written, may be of benefit to you in your own life.

Again, like Jo Frost, I am not offering “Rocket science" here, just plain old common sense picked up along my own journey through life. As I have progressed along my life’s journey I have picked up many things from many sources. Some I have put down straight away, others I have found relevant for specific times and events and have stored away for future use, and others I have not only kept but also used and highly valued since.

So my suggestion to you today is to learn all you can from each and every source available to you. And whist discarding the irrelevant, keeping those that are relevant to you, and maybe even passing this knowledge on to others as you go. That’s my view! What’s yours?

No comments: