Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How Good Are You At Picking up On Hints?

It has often been said that men are not real good at picking up on hints. Now whether that is true of all men or just a generalization I don’t really know, but I do know it is very true of me.

Whether or not I am genetically unable to pick up on hints or whether I just have other things on my mind at the time, I don’t really know, but I do know that it really is not wise to drop hints to me. Not even very broad ones. Basically, if you want something from me, ask for it! Don’t hint about it, just ask. Mostly, if I can, I will help or give you what you want, but please don’t hint. “ I just don’t normally get hints.

Now, what about you? You may be good at hinting or think you have hinted enough, and sometimes it may even work, but mostly hints go over my head as I have been led to believe they do with most men. So what about you? Are you a hinter and then get disappointed when your Hints go unrewarded? Well don’t be too disappointed or take it too personally. It may not be really that people are ignoring you but just that like me, that they just don’t get them in the first place.

So if you have tried hinting in the past, and especially to men, and it hasn’t worked, then try something really, really radical, and ask outright and upfront. That way they will have no excuse not to have gotten the message. Sure they may still say no, but you won’t die wondering if they got the hint or not, will you? What say you? Walter

2 comments:

Lynx217 said...

Well hey, welcome to my world. I drop hints and NO ONE gets them, but my man can drop a million hints and I won't get it. That's why I keep telling him, if you want me to cook dinner, TELL ME. lol

Walter parker said...

That was my whole point Lynx, Hints mostly don't work and usually end up with the hinter being 'offended' because no one listens to them, and the hinted at one, in trouble without a clue as to why! Thus as we both say, If you want something, just come right out and say it and be done with it.