Thursday, November 22, 2007

Looking Cool, Or Looking A Fool?

Was down at our local Shopping Centre recently and saw a unique hair cut/style on an otherwise ordinary, prosperous looking young businessman. Now I have seen some interesting hairstyles in the past and even in this same shopping centre, but this one was unusual and unique in my sight. Although the guy had his sleeves rolled up to reveal tatts on his arms, he was dressed in a suit and looked quite respectable and unusual except for his hair.

It was nearly all cut very short and was little more than fuzzy dark brown all over except for an area from his ears around the front, which was dyed/ peroxided blonde and cut higher in the shape roughly of a Tiara that princesses are supposed to wear.

It was quite unusual and I hadn’t quite made up my mind as to what I really thought of it apart from strange, but by then had passed him and was a little in front when a lady about my age and her mother came around the corner and spotted him. Well, the changed look on their faces was priceless, as was their laughter as I heard one mention something about his hair.

As I laughed at their reaction I couldn’t help pondering what he really thought of it and how it made him feel. I’m sure that he thought he was so cool and unusual, but that is not how most surely saw him.

How about you? Forget your hair for now, but how are you presenting yourself to the world?

Are you trying to stand out from the crowd and “Look Cool” but in fact end up just looking a fool?

I realise that this guy is looking for attention and had he had a normal haircut without the peroxide, I probably would never had noticed him, but does he really want to be noted, not as cool but as a fool, by the numberless majority?

What about you? Are you trying to stand out from the crowd the wrong way? Are you coming across as cool or a fool? Is that how you really want to present yourself to the world? What say you?

No comments: