Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What would you do?

Today we went shopping to buy some things for the new house. Martha has had her eyes on a couple of stools for the breakfast Bar for a few days now. Although a little more expensive than I would normally go for, we had been generously given some money to spend on things for the house and as Martha really wanted them, we went for them. We also bought some other things there and as we went I mentally added up how much all this was going to cost.

So I was a little surprised, when going through the register to find that it was considerably less than I had reckoned. However as it would not have been the first time we have gone to a Register to find things had been marked down even further than the ticket, and so I didn’t say anything at the time.

After putting the things in the car and returning to the Shopping Centre I was still thinking about it and suddenly I thought I knew where the mistake laid. So returning to the car and getting the Docket I checked. Sure enough I was right. The Bar stools were $75 each or two for $150 and packed, unassembled, two per Box. Despite there being a large ticket almost 12 inches square on 3 of the four sides of the box, the Girl only charged me for one.

Now, I am not going to tell you what I did, but ask you, “what would you do under similar circumstances and how would you justify your actions?” Over to you: Walter

No comments: