Friday, September 7, 2007

Improving Myself.

In my previous blog I asked, “Have we made the most of the early opportunities that we have been given?” I don’t know what your answer was, but mine was no!

I left school as soon as I reached the then legal age of 15 and couldn’t wait to get out of there. By that stage I had completed hat was then Form Three but now simply Year Nine. The year I left was the lat year they handed out Junior Technical School Certificates ((For Form 3’ers who successfully completed the year.) Now completely worthless. At the time when I left school it seemed a great idea and I already had a job in a Nursery and things looked very "Rosy" indeed.

But when some 20 years had elapsed and many jobs later, and when I had the chance to go to Bible Collage and earn My Bachelor of Theology Degree, I took it. It was hard going back to School in a sense, with a wife and three kids but with the help and support of many people including our families and our church, I was able to do it and in three years too.

In the years between leaving school and going back I often lamented the many missed Job opportunities that I had missed simply because I did not have the required qualifications. Therefore having missed my first chance in getting a good education and qualifications, I was not missing that second chance, no way.

What about you? Have you missed a few chances in the past? Well don’t worry about that. They are gone and never to be repeated. Instead of dwelling on the past and the lost chances then, look to the future now and future chances. If there are none currently on offer. Look as to what you can do now to make the most of them when they do come on offer.

Always be ready to improve yourself and those around you. You never know, the person you help up today, may be the very person to help you up when you need it most in the future when no one else is around. What say you? Walter


1 comment:

Lynx217 said...

Sometimes you just have to trudge along, and somewhere along the way an opportunity will present itself. Patience is a virtue, one I think we all are still learning.