Saturday, August 18, 2007

What Is Hot To You May Be Cold To Me.

In an earlier Blog, It Is All About Your Perspective.” I mentioned that I am one who always feels the cold, even when others think it hot! Now, I do know some people, (one of my brothers & one of my Brother in laws, spring to mind,) who really don’t feel the cold, nor do they understand that others like me do. Instead of accepting the fact that I do feel the cold, they make a big fuss about it. (Well used too, just don’t see them that much on cold mornings anymore.)

Anyway, on these past previous events, there I would be with my 4 or 5 layers on and comfortable with myself when they will come along in shorts and short sleeve shirts and make a big fuss about being hot. Even worse, on other occasions you will be in the house and again comfortable with the situation, and they will come in, and not being satisfied with lowering the heat, insist in opening all the doors and windows to “Cool” the place down, without ever considering why it was at the temperature that it was, in the first place.

I do agree that where a “Hot” person and a “Cold” person have to share facilities that there does need to be common ground, or in this case, a common temperature that caters to the basic needs of both parties, even if not total comfort of either. It is only when one party takes it to extremes that there should be a real issue. Don’t you agree?

So, what problems are there in your life, that you need, in conjunction with the other party, to take into consideration the needs and basic requirements of both they and you, and come to a workable solution that both parties can cope with, without ridiculing the other party as being “weird” just because they respond to the same circumstances as you in a completely opposite way. Over to you: Walter

No comments: