Sunday, August 19, 2007

Observation Point- Observing But Without Seeing.

Seeing that it is Sunday I thought I would pass on one of my more spiritual moments of our Philip Island holiday.

I went for a walk one (non Sunday) foggy morning along the Cowes Beach towards a place called Observation Point. It was a reasonably good walk about 3 kms along the sandy beach at Low tide. Thus the sand was hard and I made good and easy progress on my way to Observation Point. The only problem was that, because of the mist, I couldn’t see very much around me. There could have been big ships passing going on up the Bay like the day before, or little fishing boats out there. Could have been anything out there and I wouldn’t have been able to see it! Even close in front of me! Just as well that I didn’t really want to see anything wasn’t it? It was a place where ships and boats and sea are to be seen in abundance normally, but at that time it didn’t really matter to me, as I didn’t really want to see them then.

Reminded me a bit of how some people look for God. They look in the right places, but at the wrong times, and then complain that they couldn’t se Him anywhere! Yes they looked but with eyes that didn’t want to see!

Yet, if one really wants to find God, they will find Him, even in the fog and mist. One of the Psalms in the Bible says that there is no-where that one can go that he can avoid God and be beyond His reach. Not even you! I know that that is true for myself, what about you? Walter

No comments: