Saturday, August 25, 2007

Doing what you can do, Verses What you would wish to do.

In a previous blog, I was complying about being Busy, busy, busy without actually seeming to achieve much. The fact is that actually I shouldn’t complain too much, I did upon reflection; achieve more than I first thought.

On top of my actual work achievements I did too actually achieve a free day last week and the weather was such that I was able to get out into the garden and get a fair bit done there. Again, not as much as I felt needed to be done, but enough to keep me happy and the place looking tidy again. Even if only from a distance.

Thinking on all this I came to the conclusion that sometimes we get so “Bogged” down in the peripherals of life that often we don’t really appreciate life to its full. And often the beauty and joy of some of the finer things are lost to us. Sometimes forever! Sometimes we let things that should be on the peripheral of our lives, like our gardens or hobbies, or even the trivia of work, dominate our every moment of free time and control our lives.

Instead of letting these hobbies, these trivial ‘things’, being opportunities for enjoyment and even rest, we oft times let them become dominant in our lives and instead of relief, they bring unnecessarily burdens and stress to our lives. (Unless we are professional gardeners, of course!)

Now I'm not saying we shouldn’t have a garden, or even the best garden we can, or any other hobby either, just that these things don’t have to be the best in the world, just good enough to bring real pleasure to you, no matter if the look so ordinary to others. Whether from a distance like my lawn, or even up close.

I have used my garden as an example here but this illustration really applies to every part of our lives when we try to do more than is really feasible. So what important things in your life are being left undone because you are worrying about the trivial in your Life? Again, what say you? Walter

No comments: