Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rocky Way.

Walking along the uneven and often pointy stones introduced to the San Remo foreshore to slowdown the erosion of the foreshore, was neither too difficult or easy. It was certainly achievable but one had to keep ones eyes sharp for stones that could/would move under your weight. Despite that I mostly made good time and passage. I say mostly as at one stage I made one misstep that had me hopping, and I do mean literally. I obviously made a miscalculation or miss-step and suddenly I was off and running. Well I had to do something to try and reclaim my balance again! No! I didn’t count them but reckon I took 15 to 20 steps before I could control my balance and come to a safe stop and regain my composure.

That one simple easy miss-step caused me to lose control and direction over everything I was doing and staying upright was my only concern. How often is this mirrored in real LIFE?

How often have we started off confidently in a new direction, or even an old one, taking into account, even if only cursory, the prevailing conditions, changing and adjusting as we go in minor degree and mostly succeeding as we go, when suddenly a major misstep occurs from a minor or common procedure and we lose balance and direction and just struggle to maintain our basic survival? What do we do then?

It is this next step that is often the most important and will often have a major effect on deciding our future successes or failure.

Do we, stop altogether and just stay there forever, or just till we have regrouped and regained our balance?

Do we continue on Blindly, or do we continue on in a slightly different manner?

Do we finish that particular journey, as best we can to either complete success or at least to an acceptable, if not completely satisfactory conclusion?

Do we continue on or do we move on to a new adventure?

In my life I have done all of the above at various times in my various endeavours. No one way is right all of the time. The trick is in thinking about all the options before you proceed any further.

How are things in your life journey so Far? If great, fine and terrific, but what steps do you need to think of now, to maintain this great progress?

If not so great or even disastrous, what do you need to consider before attempting to either move on or move out to something different? I’ve had some failures in my life, but I consider them also as some of the most valuable learning times I have ever had. Failure happens even to the best, so don’t be embarrassed by so-called apparent failure. Look at those times as extra special learning times and benefit from them. Don’t ignore or hide from them but learn from them.

Learn from them and regain your balance and move on again, whether that is in the same direction or a completely different one. Just think about it thoroughly first. Consider all the options and chose the best one for you at that time.

Have a nice day! Walter

No comments: