Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jobs that pay the Bills

Age News paper had an article about bad jobs that paid the Bills. The article was called “When a dog of a job keeps the wolf from the door”. It then went on to list a few totally mind numbing jobs that various people all over the world do, just to pay the rent.

I won’t mention any here but the main pointy of all of them was that they were seen by the worker as pointless and mind numbing and totally unfulfilling, with the only positive being that ”But at least it pays the mortgage”

Is that how you feel about your job? Pointless, Mind-numbing and boring? Yet despite that, because it pays the bills you are reluctant to change jobs?

I can’t say that all of my job is pointless as a couple of hundred people would miss me each day if I didn’t turn up to sell them their paper and drinks etc. But there are other parts of the job that are boring if not quite mind numbing.

However it is no longer satisfying and currently all I am doing is “ Paying the Rent” while marking time.

Well that is the way I feel at the moment so today I gave my Boss one month’s notice, after which I intend to take a month’s holiday and get back into Christian Ministry. Well you now know how I feel about my job, how do you feel about yours?

No comments: