Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Power Of Two… Small Dogs!

Recently, not feeling like doing anything else, I decided to go for a walk. Not wanting to do so alone, I took our daughters two dogs with me on their leashes. Well to say that they were keen to go is an understatement of the highest order. They where quite literally tugging at their leashes, literally pulling me along.

It is really quite amazing when you consider that they probably don’t weigh more than 20 Kgs between them, yet here they were, pulling my 80 plus kgs along with no trouble at all and in fact I had to really struggle to keep myself down to just a fast walk.

All this power from such a small and unexpected source lead me to thinking about how much un-harnessed power there is around us that we just lose because we don’t know how to harness it or don’t even think about using it.

Now I’m not talking about harnessing the dogs up to a sled or anything like that, but how about you? How much wasted energy and effort is there in what you usually do, that can be harnessed for good. Either for your own good, or the good of others?

Today I had no one else to ask, so I asked the dogs to walk with me. And they enjoyed it as much as I did and I probably walked further with the company than I would have done alone. Is there someone else you can “Walk” with, what ever activity you are doing and thus harnessing the energy and enthusiasm of others? Think on it and harness your own and others power for the good of all. Walter

No comments: