Tuesday, April 3, 2007

More Seeing But Not Seeing.

Shortly after celebrating our 3 month anniversary, my beard and I recently parted company. I had enjoyed the experience but after 3 months had had enough and so I made a clean cut with it and returned to work clean skinned once again. Expecting quite a few comments.

Well I got a few but nowhere near as many as I expected. It seems that many have simply not noticed. Or if they did have simply decided it was not worth commenting on.

Probably more of the first than the second as on my second day as a clean skin I had remarks about how I had finally gotten rid of the beard from at least two and possible three people who had seen me clean skinned the day before but never noticed then but made a fuss of noticing the next day.

How about you? Do you look around you; at your friends and work mates, with out really seeing them? Can you tell if they look any different today than yesterday, whether it be a shave, haircut, or even a new piece of clothing etc?

In other words, how observant are you of those around you? When you look at people do you really see them? Do you notice if they look happy or sad? Do you care for them? Or are you simply indifferent to those around you?

Tell me, what do you see when you look at other people? Another person just like you? Someone with similar cares and concerns, o simply someone to use to get what you want and discard when no longer relevant to you?

Is that also how you want others to see you? As someone to use? Or as someone who matters? Over to you: Walter

No comments: